What company is best for California home insurance?

What company is best for California home insurance?

When you purchase a home, you are making one of the largest, if not the largest investment that you will make in your lifetime. A California home insurance policy consists of different types of insurance coverage including coverage for the house itself, its contents, and additional living expenses. In addition, it covers personal liability claims against whomever holds the policy and other members of his or her household plus medical payments to others.

The cost of homeowners insurance in the region in and around Los Angeles depends upon several factors which include the age and type of construction of your home, its location, desired deductibles, the amount of insurance coverage you want, and what type of local fire protection is available in your area. Under California law, insurance companies can calculate their own rates which are subject to approval by the California Department of Insurance.

Therefore, it makes perfect sense to do your research and shop around when it comes to purchasing insurance for your Los Angeles area home. But, with so many insurance companies to choose from and so many different types of policies, this can be a confusing and often frustrating process. Let independent insurance broker Daniel Fraisse take the hassle out of shopping for homeowners insurance. As a broker, he is knowledgeable concerning the terms and conditions as well as the costs of a wide range of policies from competing insurers. He will compare premium prices and policy features to provide you with the best possible coverage at the most affordable rates.

What will my home insurance cover?

If you have a mortgage, you must have homeowners insurance. Typically, your homeowners policy will contain (2) sections. Section (1) provides property coverages while Section (2) provides liability coverages.

While damage caused by fire is covered under the typical homeowners insurance policy, damage due to earthquakes and floods is not. When your insurer writes your homeowners policy, they are legally obligated to offer earthquake coverage for an additional premium, and they must offer this to you every year. Earthquake insurance in California is provided by the California Earthquake Authority (CEA) through insurance companies that are members of the CEA.

Flood insurance is provided through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), a Federal program that is administered by FEMA. Coverage is provided to property owners who live in communities that participate in NFIP.

An insurance broker works for you

At Daniel Fraisse Insurance, clients are offered “intelligent solutions for every situation!” As an independent insurance agent and broker, Daniel Fraisse works with many insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, Progressive and The Hartford Insurance Company to find a policy that fits your special needs and financial situation.

Let Daniel Fraisse and our knowledgeable staff at DFI help you choose a homeowners policy that is right for your circumstances. In addition, DFI can provide you with the the most competitively priced earthquake insurance. Call us today at to find a solution for your situation. Let Dan work for you!